This past two weeks have truly been a blur as well. I got engaged on this past Sunday and then I was in a wedding this week so to say the least I have been kept busy with other things. I have been thinking about how it is nice to share some good news with people. I feel as if I have had just bad news recently and it is a nice change to share in some happiness.
So I feel like I need to give my thanks to some people. I want to thank my parents for driving all the way to Lake Placid and supporting me along the way. I know that all the walking wasn't exactly what my Dad wanted to be doing right before a knee replacement but he did it without complaining and really being a trooper. It meant a lot for my parents to see my successfully complete my first marathon. I can remember that my Mom said if you run a marathon we'll be there. We'll they did just that and I am thankful for parents who support whatever it is I want to do.
Next on the list is Jason. Just saying thank you doesn't cut it. He is my rock and always helped to calm me down and conquer whatever task that lies ahead of me. I can not think of a better person to help support me through this journey. He did everything from ride a bike with me as I'm training to telling me I can do this on a daily basis. I know this is something that I will remember for a lifetime and the moments that stick out to me have Jason involved in either helping me or cheering me on. He really was my partner in crime on this one. I hope he understands and knows just how much it meant to me in having him by my side through this whole process.
The rest of my family and friends also need to be recognized. I got so many calls/texts before and after the race that really helped me to understand just how many people where thinking of me as I ran or cared about how I did. I loved the support and it really made me feel as if I had something to run for. From my sister to Jason's family, or even my co-workers really helped to make me feel as if I accomplished something big. So a huge thanks for all the love, support, notes, messages, and thoughts throughout the whole process.
I'll keep you updated on the next race. There has to be another one it is just a matter of it is this year or next and if I will be running a 1/2 or a full. Many thanks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment