Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Guest Writer: Today Was A Good Day

Howdy. Paula handed me the computer and asked me to write "something." Thankfully, today I was not short of LiveStrong moments, keeping the theme of Paula's chronicle. Just a few hours ago I got off the phone with my kid sister Jordan. This was not the usual, "how was your day...." conversation. Jordan called after her annual checkup to give me the good news, almost 6 years cancer free. Today was a good day.

Today is also Paula's birthday, we celebrated at one of her favorite restaurants with her parents and enjoyed almost perfect weather, great food and even better company. On the drive home we discussed the final preparations for her upcoming race and I couldn't help but to think back on the beginning of her training, when after a 3 mile run she looked at me and wondered how she was going to run 23+ more. As you know this past Saturday she completed her 20 mile workout, my how far she's come. I've been lucky enough to watch the drive and dedication of this strong young woman as she trains for her marathon. Her journey has been truly inspirational and a joy to share with her. If you're lucky, over the course of the day you might be exposed to 1 truly great person with a powerful story that inspires you. Today I was lucky and between my sister and Paula I was exposed to 2. Today was a good day.

Congratulations Jordan and Happy Birthday Paula, love you both.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment