Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorail's May Total

Happy Memorial Day!

Our day started off very rumbly in Columbus. We had a strong storm move through right around 7:30. Just in time for the 5 mile race I was about to run. I signed up last min. for the 5 mile run through UA. I have wanted to run this race for awhile but the fact that it was 5 miles always kinda scared me away. Not any more. 5 miles was a cake walk compared to the 20 miles I did on Saturday.

I'm proud to report I survived both races. First with the 20 mile report. I had one of my friends run with me the first 8 miles. She was a perfect pace for me and made me run more consistently. I was running about a 9:30 mile which is much more obtainable for the marathon. I started early and by the time Jason caught up with me it started to get humid. I finished with a less dramatic fashion than last week but still very humid and I am starting to worrying a little. I only walked about 2-3 min. for the whole thing and was much better off hydrated wise than last weeks.

Today's race I was super happy with. I finished in 43:11 which was much better than my goal of 45 min. It was raining and I had just gotten off of my 20 mile run so I was proud to have less than a 9 min/mile for the entire race. Jason did point out though that all of my races thus far have had rain. I am crossing my fingers and toes that it means I have used up all my raining for races cards.

As for my monthly totals they are about where I expected them to be. I did more lifting and feel better about my legs and my long runs. I only missed one run due to not feeling well, so that is a plus. I feel ready for the final push as I do the marathon. The only thing I am disappointed in is the lack of hill training this month. I was hoping to make it to the local park to do at least one or two more runs but no such luck. Well I will get them for the marathon. Here are my totals:

Running = 134.50 miles in 15 runs
Lifting = 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment