So 2010 is off and running and I find myself trying to make resolutions or to plan out some goals to strive for. 2009 was not an easy one for myself or my family. Cancer played a large unfortunate role in this past year. 5 years ago was when I became more familiar with LiveSTRONG via the yellow wrist band. At the time a family member had just been diagnosed with cancer so I felt a connection with the foundation and was hoping to contribute in some way. Thus LiveSTRONG still holds a special place in my heart and something I strive to do every day.
I have been stating that 2010 has to be better because it contains my name in it. It will be my year. With that being said I keep batting around all these thoughts on what should be my New Year's resolution? I have asked many people "did you make any New Year's resolution?" Some of my favorites from my colleagues, friends and families were; to cook 10 new recipes, become more technological savvy, compete in a iron man.
So here's some of my goals for the upcoming year:
1. Get a full time teaching position
2. Run a full marathon
3. Blog about my training, personal triumphs, and LiveSTRONG moments
4. To de-clutter and be more organized (some how this keeps popping up on each New
Year's Resolution)
So many people don't feel that Resolutions are just made to be broken. Personally I feel it is always good to have goals and something to work towards. So I leave you with these questions Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? and How many New Year's Resolution have you broken (no shame in that)?
No comments:
Post a Comment