Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day :-)



So today marks the first snow day of the school year. It comes at a great time because now I get a three day weekend and I can catch up on sleep, books, and get a run in that I thought I wasn't going to be able to do. I love snow days. You can relax, watch the snow fall, go out and play in it and just plain enjoy the day. Today's pace is such a fast one that it gives me a chance to slow everything down and take it all in. Like today I plan to make my way out into the snow and go to my gym to get a work out in, come home make some bread (which I never have time to do), possibly finish my book and then do something special for dinner. I will slow down and enjoy the day.

One snow day when I was little my next door neighbor, my best friend, walked to the golf course which was right up the corner from my house and we went sledding down this steep drop off hill. It was so much fun. You went over the edge where the drop off was, felt that funny sensation in your stomach as you plummeted down the hill and laughed hysterically time and time again. It had even snowed so much that day that we were able to tunnel in the side of this hill. It is one day that can't be beaten. What is your favorite memory of snow and snow days?

No comments:

Post a Comment