I was pumped because I thought in terms of burning calories I was doing great and that I would have definitely hit the 1,000 calories burned because of what the treadmill had been telling me. Since being on spring break I bought some magazines to enjoy. I read in Runner's World an article about debunking weight loss myths and diets. The article really hit home that it all comes back to caloric intake verses calories burned. It also gave a formula of how to determine your caloric burn per mile. You have to multiply your weight (in pounds) by 0.72. Most treadmills are set for a 140 lb. person. This disappointed me because I only burned 843 calories :( Just have to keep running to hit that 1,00o calorie burned
This coming week starts double digits for the long run. With having spring break I am really going to concentrate on some quality lifts, a tempo run (which I didn't do last week) and then catching up on sleep. I can't believe that March is almost over.
Anything you wanted to do this month that just didn't get done?
No comments:
Post a Comment