Sunday, March 21, 2010

LiveSTRONG moment of the Day

I love the library. Columbus has the #1 ranked public library in the country. It has such great resources and it rocks. I was on the site today and found this:

Pepsi's Refresh Project

Before Stefanie Spielman, wife of NFL great Chris Spielmen, lost her 10 year battle with breast cancer at the age of 40, she authored a children's book. The book chronicles the experience of a mother’s breast cancer through the eyes of her children and is intended to help children who are impacted by cancer.

Please go to this Pepsi link and vote for Stefanie. The top 10 vote getters will receive a $50,000 grant which will be used to finalize, publish and distribute 10,000 copies of Stefanie's first book to 10,000 kids who are impacted by cancer. There is no cost to you!

The Spielman's kids go to the school district that I teach in and they both have been such great advocates for the Columbus area as well as the cancer community as a whole. Help make this happen. All you have to do is simply vote. I will include this info as a side bar on the blog. How cool of a project is this that Pepsi is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment