I took my watch on a test run today... a 5 miler. Well, it was suppose to be a 5 miler. I went to Antrim park and started running. The plan was to run out 2.5 miles and then turn around and come back. I passed mile marker one using the watch and I started out way to fast (9 min. mile) and then I got to mile 2 and I thought "just a half a mile more."
Only I couldn't figure out where the 1/2 mile was so I kept running to mile marker 3. Then I thought "OK no problem I will just run 5 miles and then walk one. It's a beautiful day no worries."
Well by the time I got back to mile 5 I had decided that I didn't want to waste all that time walking when I could be running. So I ran one more mile. Totaling to 6 miles today.
My new watch told me that I ran all miles under the 9:40/mile mark. While this is good, I am not sure that I can keep a 9 min./mile pace for the entire race. So I need to pace myself better.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for me until before spring break. Just in time for March Madness and a great time to relax, get a pedicure and a massage. Can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment