Friday, April 30, 2010

April totals

Running = 105.40
Lifting= 1.5 hours

I was so excited to see the 100 mark for April. That is mind boggling for me. I just barely hit it but it still counts. The 3oo mile mark is also looming close by. My mom got me a subscription to runners world for Easter so I received my free gift in the mail yesterday, which was a runners log. I have been keeping track of my runs on the computer with a fancy x-cel sheet but this log lets me put more comments on what kind of run I did and add more writing to it. As I was getting this new log up to date I was looking back on how I began.

I am about 1/2 way now and my January was so sporadic and as I continued along I got more consistent with my runs and really have added miles according to plan. I was surviving a 3 mile run in the beginning and now 5 miles is not that bad and really somewhat easy. I have also decreased my mile/minute mark. I started out with about a 11 min. mile and now I am running in the 9 min./mile range for a consistent pace.

As for April I had such a busy month that I am proud to say with some re-arranging I got them all in. With more running outside I have found it difficult to get some lifts in which I use to get in regularly. This week was the only week I altered number of miles because of the circumstances.

I have the Capcity 1/2 tomorrow and this will be somewhat of a dry run for the marathon. I will be running early in the morning (which I haven't done yet and not so excited about) going to run with my running belt, and hoping to finish about 2 hrs. 10 min. The forecast has some rain in the area and I hate the rain. Cross your fingers that it will hold off until I get done racing.

1 comment:

  1. Paula,

    I swear I posted another comment a few weeks ago but maybe I didn't do it right. Been so impressed with all of your workouts and just love reading your blogs. Didn't know if you might be in town this weekend for Mothers' Day. Would love to catch up if you come down to Lancaster. Hope the race went well this weekend.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete