Sunday, March 7, 2010

Breaking 100


So earlier this week I hit my 100 mark. This started me thinking about how many miles I will have traveled by the end of this marathon.... by the end of summer... by the end of the year? I'm thinking maybe I can make it to 500 miles by the end of summer. On Saturday I did my 8 miler. I can't remember how many miles I ran for my long runs while training for my half marathons, but I think that 8 was one of the top mileage that I did (if I did that much). I felt pretty good running.

I ran at a popular running park, Antrim Park. This park has a bike path whit the miles marked so it is easy to track the mileage. So I ran out my 4 miles and then I was going to turn around and come back. At about mile 3 the park leaves the "park" and goes into the streets of Clintonville. Not bad but you have to be careful of cars and then you have to stop for traffic lights. I much prefer just running in the park. Jason so kindly rode the bike while I was running for various reason but he got the joy of it. It was a sunny and warm day for Ohio, high of 45, but we have been below freezing for so long it felt like a heat wave so many people were out and about. Jason told me after running that a older couple commented on my new hydration belt. Apparently they said "look at all the Gatorade on her fanny." What a compliment I think?

While running back I lost track of the mile post and when I got to mild marker 7 I had a small celebration. I thought I had two miles left when really I only had one left. This was the best treat. Here I thought I was way behind on my mile/min time, but I actually was better than the aimed pace. Not to bad.

3 comments:

  1. In April the AT Club is hosting a 5K. It is Sunday, April 18. It would be great to see an Ex - AT President run:)

    BTW: Can you text me your cell number? I have tried to text you a few times to no avail.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is really cool, and I wish you the best! I see that your web design and webmaster experience are coming in handy! Being able to run forever also probably comes in handy. I miss u guys, and I miss hanging out at the Liz. I finally found a nice place to live with some cool roomies (not as cool as you and Jay, of course). I will be following and rooting you on!

    P.S. So I noticed a trend. As of today, 10 out of your total 13 postings begin with the word "So". No point to be made, just wanted to make you paranoid, Ms Martens.

    -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I know that you will be able to complete this wonderful experience/goal. The blog will be a great motivation for you! Sounds like you are well on your way to victory. Keep up the great work! Even though I am not going as far as you, feel free to call me anytime to complain about the training-I can relate! Wish you could come run the half with me in chi-town!

    ReplyDelete