My dog doesn't even like the rain. Yesterday morning I let the dog outside and it was raining. He normally goes number 2, does his business and comes back inside. With the rain he took one step outside and kinda looked at me and said "like you are crazy lady, I'm not staying out here. I'm coming back inside where it is dry."
Jason came home yesterday and Woody was pooping on the floor. Apparently he couldn't wait the 2 more seconds to go outside. As a way of getting even with him I took woody on a short run after I did my run today in the rain. He didn't enjoy this so much. He would run then look back at me with a look of "why are you doing this to me?"
Not only was the rain bothering Woody but 1/2 way through my run two helicopters started circling the area. So the noise of these helicopters was disturbing to him. There were kids out racing in the street and a dog barking at him. Not a good run for Woody. Maybe a better run next time?
Do any of you have a crazy rainy day stories?
Paula,
ReplyDeleteThis is my first visit to your blog and I very much enjoy reading it. Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? She blogs on that and wonders if anyone is reading...I wanted to let you know that I am reading :-) I am so impressed that you are running a marathon!!
My rainy day story is that Ashlynn and I ran 2 miles together in the rain on Saturday. While not nearly the triumph of your long runs, it was momentus all the same on so many levels. I am so proud that Ash has become a runner. She proudly tells her track friends how she comes from a family of hurdlers and that she wants to become one as well. I am just amazed that she stuck with it because when I tried to get her out and running in the fall she HATED it. Now she is talking up a storm during a full 2 mile run (while I am huffing and puffing trying to stay in the conversation). I told her that it was the first time I have run in a long time that I didn't hate every single second of it. On the contrary, I just really loved the time with her.
My funny story is that on that run I somehow caught my right foot in my pants and took the biggest running tumble ever in my life. Full-out, face-first smash into the pavement. Luckily I was wearing gloves or my hands would have been a disaster. I somehow walked away with only a few scrapes and bruises and finished the rest of the run. Ash really got a kick out of that, let me tell you.
OK, this has been a long comment. I should run. (he he..I should run)
Kim I love the write up. Some stories just can't be given justice with a short reply. I love that Ash is doing the hurdles. Can't wait to see her and possibly even give tips maybe. Thanks for the reference to Julia and Julie. I watched that movie and I do have to say that I sometimes do feel like her and wondering if anyone reads these. Hope all is well and can't wait to see and talk to you soon.
ReplyDeletePaula