I started off on Saturday just lounging around and trying to recover. Friday night I felt as if there were knives in my throat so I wasn't to sure I would be able to do my long run as scheduled. I ended up somewhat turning a corner about noon on Saturday so I thought I would try to get in at least 1/2 of my long run (7 miles) then do the other 1/2 on Sunday morning.
I waited until last min. to leave and go get my run in. I had already decided to do my run at the gym today because it was so windy here and it would soon be dark. I had made up my mind that I should be able to do most of my run today because I had started to be able to breath out of both nostrils and my throat was under control. I was going to try 7 and see how I felt and then make the decision as to if I could make it through the whole run or not.
I was trying to push the fluids all day but I could tell I was still somewhat dehydrated because 1/2 through my run I had downed 2 - 8oz. bottles then I went through 3 more bottles. Normally I only have about 3 bottles total on my run. I made it through my run making it close to 14 miles but I thought with not feeling up to par that I would take the workout I was able to last through. This run wasn't suppose to be a hard run but considering the circumstances it was one of my hardest run yet. Thank god for NASCAR being on TV and keeping my attention as I ran on the treadmill. Never thought that those words would come out of my mouth, but it was seeing some of the cars crashing that helped to keep my mind off the run.
Have a Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment