Here is where the science lesson comes in for the day. When there is a lot of rain and then the sun comes out it dries up all the rain and.... makes it extremely humid. I started the run thinking I had hydrated well, but when I hadn't even gone 3 miles and I was almost out of one of the 4 bottle that I had I knew I was in trouble. I constantly had sweat dripping from me and I felt more like I was swimming than running. I went through all four bottles of water with about 3 miles left to finish. Jason rode with me all the way and he rode ahead to refill two of my bottles and return them back to me. He was also there when I officially hit the wall on mile 16 1/2. He helped to push me the rest of the way. I did officially finish without walking and finish might I add in 2h 26min. Again way to fast. Somewhere around an 8:30 min/mile.
There was some excitement on the trail this week though. I crossed paths with a big black snake. About 4 1/2 feet long and the width of a baseball bat's handle. I don't like snakes so I stopped in my tracks as it slowly made its way across the path (P.S. snakes don't hurry when a bike is right near the back end of it). A kid also took a tumble off his bike very near us around mile 17. Which while I never want anyone to get hurt provided a brief moment of not thinking about how I wanted to stop running because I was so hot.
One more week of a super long run. Then on to my Birthday, a wedding, the end of school, hopefully some job interviews, and finally making my way to the race. The final days are closing in. Any advice from anyone out there?
No comments:
Post a Comment