Well I am officially 30 days from the marathon so I thought this article could really help. One of the topics that was touched on was the fact that many people run their 20 miler 3 weeks from the race and then dramatically decrease their amount of mileage to fast and to quick. Here in lies the problem (according to the article). You gradually increase the mileage so decreasing the mileage so quickly will result in less than optimal results.
So I have tweaked my running schedule and I am now able to increase my mileage more gradual than before and then not decrease as much as well. So two weeks out from the marathon I will be running my 20 miler. Not sure if this is the best thing to do but I'm going with it. In theory the article is correct. I wouldn't increase my mileage by 25% in one week so I shouldn't decrease at that pace as well. I have a new plan and I'm sticking to it... For now.
Stay tuned for the results. 16 miles this weekend. Glad the weather is suppose to break :)
No comments:
Post a Comment