The only problem with the cottonwood is that it flies up your noes, you swallow it, and it gets stuck to you. I know Jason had two separate times got cottonwood stuck in his eyes. The plan was to do two loops of the north trail and then run two loops around the lake. Which was 7 miles one pass on the North trail and the two loops being 2.4 miles. So I figured that 14 + 2.4 = 16 or what I had to run.... Only the North trail is 7.50 on the north trail for one pass. Which meant that I really ran 15 miles + 2.4 = 17.4 miles.
I met my mom and sister for breakfast right after my run. I was explaining my run and they made the comment that it always seems that I have run more than I was suppose to. I guess this just means that this weeks run of 18 miles will be easy. BUT the amazing part was that I ran that 17.4 miles in 2:24. Which means that I was averaging somewhere around an 8 something mile. INSANE. Not really what I had in mind. My initial goal was to do 10 min/mile but I guess that is not going to happen. I had some GU on the trail and powerbar gels before I started so maybe it was all my energy that helped me. Or maybe the fact that I didn't have any alcohol the night before and hydrated the way I should be? I guess time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment